Darigold is seeking a motivated Production Supervisor to be a part of Darigold’s Caldwell, Idaho team. The Production Supervisor must posses the desire and ability to provide leadership and supervisory coordination in all aspects of production. As a member of the Caldwell team the Production Supervisor will be a partner in the Operations Division. The Production Supervisor’s role is to maintain a high level of productivity and continuous improvement with their assigned shift in the areas of safety, reliability, cost savings, team building and personnel management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities ( other duties may be assigned ):
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide leadership and supervision for the assigned production shift and associated personnel. Effectively motivate, train and communicate with their assigned shift teams to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, sanitation, and quality. Insure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Prepare and conduct team meetings as necessary for proper communications and development of teams. Have the ability to work with the Engineering and Quality Assurance staff to create a cooperative environment on their assigned shift.
- Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and all associated equipment. Be able to analytically and systematically troubleshoot manufacturing issues and develop the team to be self-directed in the same activities.
- Be able to perform daily checks and reports to insure the highest quality of product produced within Good Manufacturing Practices as they apply to the production of the product. Maintain shift performance and quality documentation.
- Participate in and lead SPC project teams that improve safety, quality, reliability, sanitation and reduce waste.
- Reinforce sense of urgency during production runs and periods of machine downtime. Effectively communicate issues to management team.
- Needs flexibility to work variable hours and weekends
- Technical knowledge and experience in operating manufacturing machinery.
- Previous supervisory experience in food manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to work with groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds.
- Ability to achieve results through others.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Engineering, Business or related field preferred. Industry experience would be considered in the absence of a degree. Dairy, beverage or process industry background would be a plus.
We offer our employees a team oriented work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefit package including an educational assistance program and a top-notch 401k savings plan.
Darigold is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Darigold participates in E-Verify. Detail in English and Spanish . Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish .
Darigold, Inc. - 2 years ago