Join our team at Garden Plaza of Greenbriar Cove! We are a beautiful, new retirement community for Ooltewah, TN.
A part-time position is available for a Maintenance Worker / Janitor to work evenings 5 days a week.
- Assists Maintenance Services Director with maintenance programs for heating, cooling, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, grounds, carpentry, painting, sprinklers, fire alarms, plumbing, building exteriors, etc.
- Assists Maintenance Services Director in identifying needed repairs or replacements: apartments, common areas, depart work areas, landscaping, signage, sidewalks, driveway, parking area, fences, curbs, retaining walls, etc.
- Completes work orders from residents and staff.
- Complete minor repairs (i.e., icemakers, dyers, washers, dishwashers, small appliances).
- Prepares apartments for residency: wall repairs, painting, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, cabinetry, appliance repair, carpet/draper damage or replacement, etc.
- Assists with preventive maintenance to refurbish or replace deteriorating items and avoid future costly repairs.
- Completes special projects as directed (i.e., room alterations, major repairs).
- Runs errands.
- Handles incoming freight.
- Lifts and moves heavy furniture and equipment.
- Assists with landscaping and lawn maintenance.
- Keeps outside traffic areas free of with debris, snow, ice and other traffic hazards.
- Assists with floor maintenance (i.e., shampooing carpet, stripping and waxing)
- Assists with resident move-in and move-out as necessary.
- Cleans assigned areas in prescribed time with proper cleaning products: occupied and vacant units, patios, decks, common areas, offices, lobbies, elevators, lounges, public restrooms, laundry room, dining areas, etc.
- Stocks cleaning carts appropriately and notifies supervisor of low supplies.
HVAC certification preferred
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- At least 1 year maintenance and janitor experience.
- Familiar with various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
REWARDS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Basic carpentry skills
- Enjoy serving seniors.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Affordable Insurance plans including Medical, Dental and Vision
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off and other generous Leave Programs
Accessible and Supportive Company Leadership
How can I learn more?
Apply for this job by visiting our careers page at http://cpa.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=1031274
Century Park Associates - 22 months ago
If you or a loved one has reached the Golden Age of retirement, there's a good chance Life Care Centers of America offers a service you...