Multiple Locations / Regions
The Regional Service Director (RSD) is responsible for leading all service and customer satisfaction activities to ensure ongoing customer loyalty with the Mack and Volvo brands. This position drives customer satisfaction within the regions, working closely with the regional truck teams. The RSD will manage a team comprised of account management, technical, and customer support activities, and will work directly with regional customers and dealers. The RSD provides support to the service field organization to ensure proper issue resolutions, managing corporate initiatives, and operational advice designed to insure customer satisfaction.
Key expectations include: Continuous improvement in the competencies and capabilities of the regional teams and providing them with guidance and support. Possess strong leadership skills, high levels of communication to the truck sales organization, hands-on support and negotiations with key dealers and regional end user customers. Must be able to identify and assist in correction of deficiencies in support, product reliability and product acceptance. Assist in meeting company sales and profitability goals for both truck and parts sales. This position requires representation of the Volvo and Mack brand and demands a high degree of confidentiality of each brand.
The RSD sets goals and business objectives, monitors efforts, coaches and manages the regional goodwill budget to measure the results of the District Service Managers. In cooperation with the dealers and the needs of the regional fleets recommending services and products that fulfill the needs. The RSD supports and develops the business and offers support that creates a long term relationship with the dealer and the fleet customer.
Core Responsibilities: (Mack and VTNA truck companies unless otherwise noted)
- Lead, train, direct and counsel field service teams.
- Develop pipeline of potential candidates for future field service personnel.
- Respond to dealer and customer concerns and coordinate resolution.
- Works with the Dealer Principal and the DSM to insure the full potential of the dealership service offerings are developed.
- Manage all complaints (customer and dealer) to ensure we continually improve our first response as well as final resolution.
- Negotiate successfully to protect the interests of the company while providing issue resolution, budget management and customer satisfaction.
- Drives Volvo/Mack customer satisfaction ranking as best in class.
- Knows the competition and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Monitor product concerns to ensure correct reporting and solutions.
- Ensure Corporate programs and initiatives are followed thru with field service team.
- Build strong relationships with largest regional fleets and dealers.
- Consult with Dealer on opportunities to improve CSI scores.
- Working as a team with regional fleet sales group to increase market share for the brand.
- Promote corporate system improvements to drive dealer operating standards compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies.
- Establish expense budgets and manage department performance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Self-Management: Able to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Leadership: Setting and modeling high performance standards and empowering a team of people to achieve agreed-upon outcomes.
- Inspiring: The ability to develop and communicate a clear vision and direction for the company and a desire to lead people to achieve it.
- Employee Development: Giving subordinates and peer’s the direction, opportunities, and support they need to improve their professional competence.
- Results Orientation: Identifies actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results.
- Planning and organization: Establish a process for activities that leads to the implementation of systems, procedures and outcomes.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields.
- Delegation: Understanding the need to achieve objectives through others, giving subordinates room to accomplish objectives, and allocating authority and responsibilities to subordinates.
- Supervisory: Skills to supervise 8-10 managers in remote locations.
- Networking: Ability to identify and build relationships with people inside and outside the company in order to create opportunities to drive customer satisfaction.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Organizational skills to ensure personnel utilization is maximized.
- Prioritize time/resource demands to provide the most value added to the company.
- Conflict Management to minimize negative impact of inevitable conflict(s).
- Bachelor Degree BA, BS degree in business or engineering
- 5-10 year’s experience in automotive industry, with some combination of repair/service/sales/marketing experience, including dealer or field experience.
- Leadership experience with professional and technical employees.
- Fleet maintenance management experience (minimum 10 years).
- Dealer parts and service operations experience (10 years).
- Ability to travel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Group - 2 years ago