suite of Cisco’s OSA platforms.
o Mechanical design of the overall OSA module. Insuring mechanical stability, tolerancing and material selection.
- Meeting the specification, cost and schedule for our product portfolio.
- Specify ceramic, metal, hybrid and advanced package technologies, both hermetic and non-hermetic.
- Work with optical design engineers to implement free space light propagation for high efficiency coupling.
- Technical execution in all areas of OSA modules. A few key areas are:
o Optical design for free space light propagation from optical IC to customer interface. Technical skills required are standard ray trace, 3D light propagation and the manipulation of these models using more advance mathematical techniques (Monte Carlo analysis, overlay of Mathcad routines, etc.) for the understanding of tolerancing and optical aberrations.
- Overseas travel required periodically.
- MS in mechanical, electrical or optical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Opto-electronic packaging experience required
- Packaging experience for pluggable TOSA and ROSA products required.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling required (Solidworks, PRO-E)
- Experience with thermal/structural simulation software strongly desired.
- Experience with designing for thermal management required.
- Experience from prototype, to volume manufacturing required for both domestic and off-shore CM work.
- Lab experience with optical measurements and optical test equipment required.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...