NI Human Resources is seeking an energetic, outgoing professional to oversee NI’s college recruiting program in the role of University Recruiting Manager.
The successful candidate will work closely with VP of Human Resources and NI Business Leaders to develop and oversee execution of strategic university recruiting plans that drive the identification, recruitment, selection, and hiring of highly-qualified, diverse individuals from top colleges and universities – with an emphasis on engineering and other technical talent.
If you are interested in taking on this dynamic and challenging role, and you meet the qualifications defined below, we invite you to apply today.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Work with VP Human Resources and business leaders to develop, document, and communicate effective strategies for NI’s college recruiting program
• Prioritize target universities for each academic season based on business hiring goals
• Build and maintain relationships with key staff across the company at various business levels; have primary responsibility for relationships with department recruiting liaisons and school sponsors
• Strive to attract and hire a diverse workforce by ensuring recruiter outreach and involvement with targeted campus groups and participation in diversity conferences
• Oversee the Peoplefluent recruiting management system (applicant tracking) and vendor relations
• Provide periodic reporting and status updates on the progress of university recruiting
• Evaluate and recommend process and technology solutions to gain efficiency in recruiting operations
• Facilitate Supervisor and Manager training courses as required
• Own content for courses including behavioral interviewing skills, applicant processes, campus recruiting procedures; facilitate courses as required
• Attend university career fairs, information sessions, employer advisory council meetings, and other related functions as needed
• Write/create, edit/update campus and other job descriptions and job requirements as needed
• Ensure compliancy with local, state, and federal employment laws with emphasis on I-9 work authorization and OFCCP applicant tracking
• Ensure appropriate managers and recruiters are effectively briefed and trained on any relevant changes.
• Supervise small team including the HR Representative for NI’s Intern/Co-op Program and HR Recruiting Specialists; coach team for success in business and development goals; develop and deliver semi-annual performance reviews
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 8 years related experience
• Must be available for light travel
• Strong passion for university recruiting
• Prior experience with a college recruiting program helpful
• Interest in learning about and helping manage NI compliancy with local, state, and federal employment laws; prior experience in this area helpful
• Excellent attention to detail
• Outstanding well-rounded communication skills
• Must be comfortable presenting to groups
• Proven ability to communicate at multiple levels within the business
• Proven ability to persuade and influence
• Strong interpersonal skills; work effectively with teams, builds trust
• Strong work ethic/drive to succeed
• Honesty and integrity critical; must be trustworthy with highly confidential information
• Excellent planning, priority/time management, and customer service skills
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with seasonal workload peaks
• Ability to adapt to change and changing priorities
• Creative problem-solver
• Goal driven; persistently drive tasks/projects to completion by deadline
• Take initiative in tackling difficult issues, be a self-starter, and work independently
• Ability to understand and adhere to a program budget
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint (prefer Intermediate level)
• Prefer prior experience using Peoplefluent or other automated applicant tracking system
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency in new computer programs and systems
• Ability to pull source data from recruiting and HRIS systems and develop basic reports using formatting and basic analysis. Must be able to apply math concepts such as percentages, fractions, and ratios.
Note: NI does not petition for H1-B visa status from student status nor petition for H-1B transfer status for this position.
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,300 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 14 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments - 20 months ago
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...