VISTA 3rd Grade Reading School Readiness...
City of Dubuque, IA - City of Dubuque, IA

This job posting is no longer available on City of Dubuque, IA. Find similar jobs: Vista Grade Reading School jobs - City of Dubuque jobs

Overview: The City of Dubuque is recruiting for a VISTA full-time position for 3rd Grade Reading School Readiness Coordinator. 86% of our 3rd graders are reading at grade level. The focus will be on the remaining 14% many of whom are hardest to reach. The VISTA member will be supervised by Dubuque Community School District in partnership with the City of Dubuque Leisure Services Department and a variety of community leaders. The Coordinator will work closely with the School Readiness Committee.

Current Job Posting: 3rd Grade Reading School Readiness Coordinator position will require skills of communication, education, youth development, public speaking, leadership, writing, technology and community outreach. This position requires an outgoing, self-starter that can work well as a team player. The member will work from April 2013-April 2014.

Benefit Information: VISTA living allowance for the year of $11,136. Choice of education award of $5,550 or end of service stipend of $1,500. Health insurance and child care subsidy provided if eligible. No other employment may be held during VISTA term.

Duties:
Support the implementation of high quality preschool programs by monitoring criteria for high quality preschools training and implementing the Quality Rating System in preschools.
Develop collaboration with School District personnel and early childhood paraprofessionals.
Develop strategies to ultimately expand Parents as Teachers.
Explore and evaluate the current and potential collaborations, resources and engagement.
Work with the three other VISTA members collectively to tackle issues, build collaborations, create data points and measures, develop pilot programs and create evaluations.

Service Description: Dubuque is a city of partnerships and collaboration. A Third Grade Reading Community Solutions Action Plan (CSAP) was developed with involvement of seventeen local organization and community input. The plan can be found at http://dbqfoundation.org/OurInitiatives/ThirdGradeReading.aspx . This plan will become the guiding document for the VISTA member. There will be three other VISTA members working on the community initiative. They include a Data and Evaluation Coordinator, Summer Learning Coordinator, and Attendance Improvement Coordinator. To realize the overarching vision we will strive for impact in the way we collaborate, share resources and engage the community.

Supplemental Information:

How to Apply:
On-line: Applications are taken on-line at www.americorps.gov. On the homepage under Join AmeriCorps select Iowa, on Iowa listing page, scroll down to 3rd Grade Reading School Readiness Coordinator VISTA and click on the title. Once at the position description, click Apply.
Application deadline is 2-20-2013.


Contact Information:
For questions or additional information, please email parkrec@cityofdubuque.org or 563-589-4263.

About this company
The Organization Mission Statement: The City’s mission is to deliver excellent municipal services that support urban living and...