Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago provides training, employment and supportive services for people with disabilities or disadvantages who seek greater independence. We have over 5,100 employees that work in 70 program locations throughout 23 counties in Wisconsin and Illinois.
As a Job Developer, you will be responsible for leading job development strategies, effectively assessing the strengths and needs of individuals, and matching them with the appropriate job opportunity and employer. Based out of south-side of Milwaukee, the individual in this position will be engaged in the community and travel throughout Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. Join our dedicated and energized team to help increase the number of people with disabilities working in our community.
We offer a competitive salary and a great work life balance. For employment consideration, please go to the “Jobs at Goodwill” section of our website at www.goodwillsew.com to formally submit a resume and online application.
- Develop employer partnerships to identify and customize job opportunities while addressing employer needs.
- Evaluate individuals’ unique strengths, development areas, and interests using information from a discovery or assessment process; match skills to different vocational interest areas.
- Train and guide individuals in job-seeking skills, self-image and attitude. Conduct case management type activities, such as counseling, advocacy, and assistance in problem-solving.
- Coordinate the support needs and communication among individuals served, referral sources, families and fellow support staff to effectively partner in getting people successfully employed.
- Prepare job development plans, objectives, monthly progress reports, and records of job-seeking and job placement activities on a timely basis.
- Facilitate job exploration by arranging tours, informational interviews or job shadowing opportunities with employers matched to individuals’ vocational interest.
- May also train and provide initial job coaching to newly hired individuals, eliciting regular feedback from employers to ensure successful job retention.
- Master's Degree in marketing, business, human resources or services related field - OR -
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the above fields, plus a minimum of one year experience working with adults with disabilities or disadvantages.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license.
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin - 12 months ago