Job Description: 1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
2) Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
3) Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
4) Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
5) Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
6) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
7) Routes items to departments.
8) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
9) Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
10) May operate tier-lift truck or use handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
11) May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
12) May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment and be designated Returned-Goods Receiving Clerk.
PrideStaff - 13 months ago
PrideStaff provides businesses with temporary and permanent staffing in the areas of office support, finance and accounting, light industria...