The Programming System Labs is a group of scientists dedicated to inventing programming systems technologies and related hardware features that improve the programmability and performance of Intel silicon, and transfer these technologies to products.
As a Senior Research Scientist in the team, you will play a leadership role in shaping one or more area of programming system research.
Your responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
• Conceive, research and implement state of the art programming systems technology in a research environment with the goal of technology transfer to product teams
• Define and plan the project and mentor a small team of research scientists to implement the project
• Research and prototype advanced compilation technology for efficient vectorization and parallelization of general purpose programs
• Interact with CPU architects and other teams and develop new HW ISA/features to enable efficient compiler transformation
• Performance measurement and workload analysis to evaluate and improve the new compiler technology and HW features
• Write technical specification, design documents, technical papers and patent disclosures
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong teamwork cooperation
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experience.
• Must have a MS or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
• Minimum 5 years (Ph.D.) or 8 years (MS) of experience in programming system research and development to include:
• Compiler transformation, dependence analysis, optimizations and code generation
• Compiler quick prototype for new compiler technology and HW features
• Performance analysis and tuning of new compiler optimizations
• Vectorization and especially with Intel's AVX and extensions
• Worked on at least one project that requires new HW support and defined new ISA extensions
• 5 or more peer-reviewed publications in top-tier research conferences and journals
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 4, 2013
Apr 6, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 13 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...