Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions, with North America locations in Houston, Mobile, Calgary and St. Johns, is looking for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the oil and gas market.
Responsibilities and tasks
This position is a solid independent contributor. Individual shall be able to completely work independently on the assignments involving more varied and complex issues without direct supervision. This position is expected to solve and make modifications as required to complete project goals within budgetary, functional and/or project scope constraints. Additionally, this position may have project team responsibilities. This role requires someone to do the work and effectively mentor and transfer their subject matter expertise to other employees and/or the client. At this level, the individual will provide technical guidance, but not administrative supervision over less experienced personnel.
• Possess thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices and accepted internal business processes and procedures
• Participates in plan implementation and independently plays a key role in broader projects
• Uses best practices to solve functional issues and improve programs and processes
• Communicate and network with project team member, subcontractors, and customer to ensure that requirements and timelines are clear and that progress is updated regularly
• Establishes schedule requirements
• Performs planning activity in support of overall project team
• Prepares weekly and monthly reports as required
• Interfaces regularly with departmental staff and lower, middle and upper management and frequently with outside customers
Qualifications & personal attributes
• 5 – 8 years planning experience
• 3 – 5 years Primavera experience
• Experience with SAP is extremely desirable
• Advanced proficiency with applicable software applications
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail critical
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical
• Ability to make recommendations related to project scope changes
• Ability to transfer data into the future with a clear understanding of total impact on the project
• Ability to analyze trends or deviations from plan and implement creative solutions
• Must be familiar with related engineering documents for assemblies, fabrications, and piece parts
• PMP certification and Bachelor degree a plus
•Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
•An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
•Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company with more than 150 years of industrial history and successful development. Today we have over 23,000 employees in over 30 countries. We are a growing company in developing markets and emerging regions. In North America, Aker Solutions operates eight business units creating many opportunities for our employees and customers.
By joining Aker Solutions, you will work as a valued member of the team tackling challenging work and looking for opportunities to innovate. Most positions enjoy a business casual environment and flexible work schedule with competitive benefits beginning your first day.
Aker Solutions - 22 months ago
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The...