Work with the Center for Global Trade Analysis and the US International Trade Commission (USITC) to continue work recently done on the development of an FDI and multi-national firm’s database and model. Develop new models and databases in new areas of mutual interest. Responsible for further enhancement of research collaboration between these two institutions, as well as publish papers. The objective of this work is to broaden the Commission's capacity to provide expert analysis and information to the U.S. Congress and Executive Branch via both formal reports and informal technical assistance.
- This position is on-site at the USITC in Washington, D.C. In the event funding becomes discontinued or not renewed, the incumbent should expect to return to West Lafayette, IN for continued employment.
- Master's degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Applied Economics, or closely related field.
- Two years’ experience developing and/or extending Global CGE models and working with large datasets.
- Working knowledge of GEMPACK and/or GAMS.
- Exceptional report writings skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation).
- Proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook/Electronic Email.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
Purdue University was founded in 1869 as a Land Grant College of Indiana, and opened with an initial enrollment of 39 students in 1874....