Contingent on Contract Award:
THIS POSITION AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OFFERS MADE ARE CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
The Mechanical Optical Engineering Center (MOEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
Perform conceptual and detailed mechanical design of Antennas, RF products/sub-systems, EO Sensors, Laser products and Electronic components / devices for application in ground, airborne and space-based defense. Responsibilities include the design of structures, mechanisms, thermal systems and electronic enclosures. Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical engineering field.
- Experience with Pro/Engineer, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods, and be knowledgeable in reading mechanical fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- 3-D modeling using tools such as AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer, Solidworks.
- Ability to draft communications, create and deliver presentations
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Existing security clearance and prior experience designing, testing and / or supporting aerospace / defense-related products
- Must be a December 2012, May or August 2013 college graduate or have graduated within the last 18 months of the posting with a MS Mechanical Engineering degree or related discipline.
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependant Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
* Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
* Where talented people can make an impact.
* Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon - 23 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...