To The Table.
SHFL entertainment is a gaming supply company specializing in providing its casino customers with improved profitability, productivity and security, as well as popular cutting-edge gaming entertainment content. SHFL entertainment and its regional subsidiaries are the worldwide gaming industry's leading developers of table game content and technology. We invite you to bring your talent to our table to help create our future. In turn, SHFL entertainment provides a culture where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Being on our team means sharing in our vision, that of being the preeminent player in a rapidly expanding global industry, developing compelling and innovative product lines. Our future depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for creating the best products, the best place to work, and promote our continued success. SHFL entertainment is included in the S&P Smallcap 600 Index.
Product Support Technician - Rapid Onsite Service Support - Las Vegas, NV
The purpose of the Rapid Onsite Service Support (ROSS) team is to support regions in an emergency situation where local technicians are unable to provide support to our customers. This team will be comprised of specially trained and licensed technicians who at a moment’s notice can deploy anywhere in the United States, North and South America.
These positions are to provide a higher level of support for the repair, maintenance, installation, training, documenting, and accounting of all SHFL entertainment (SHFL) video slot equipment, electronic table games and other utility products. This is a highly deployable position that may require up to 70% travel.
Dependent upon the situation this position may require that you carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including but not limited to the training and mentoring of Product Support technicians, assisting with the planning, reporting, assigning, and directing of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit casinos to perform installations, repairs, pre-sites and preventive maintenance on SHFL machines
- Respond to Service Calls in an accurate, timely and courteous manner
- Broadly diagnose equipment problems; determine whether device(s) should be swapped out, or whether a deeper diagnosis is required
- Help prepare and test video slot equipment prior to installation
- Install equipment
- Update and/or convert existing products
- Remove and/or relocate existing equipment
- Schedule installations and/or removals of equipment with SHFL and casino personnel
- Complete paperwork, reports and documentation as instructed for accurate reporting
- Provide adequate on-site technical expertise to answer technical questions
- Participate in miscellaneous assignments, activities and various special projects as requested to assure maximum efficiency and minimal downtime for one’s department and the company
- Assist other employees in achieving their objectives
- Build positive relationships with customers, and SHFL entertainment personnel
- Responsible for staying abreast of best practices both internally and externally
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Ability to travel approximately 70%
Required Job Skills:
- Adhere to all departmental and company safety/security policies, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of and skill in using various hand tools, power tools and electronic testing equipment
- Knowledge of the company and its products
- Advanced understanding of mechanical and electronic systems
- Ability to read and understand wiring schematics, diagrams and service manuals
- Demonstrate positive customer service to internal and external customers, in person and via phone
- Work as a technical professional in a high-pressure environment
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Build positive interpersonal relationships and contribute as a member of the team
- Prioritize, be proactive, handle multiple responsibilities, and work under pressure
- Maintain flexibility to a changing environment, acknowledging urgency when necessary
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Basic math skills
- Provide technical training on equipment to other SMI technicians or customers
Computer Equipment and Software:
- Thorough working knowledge of various software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS
- Experience with network installation, troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Computer Architecture, Networking and Server hardware
Required Certifications, Licenses, Education and Experience:
- Valid gaming card, and or the ability to obtain one by the appropriate licensing agency for every jurisdiction SHFL is licensed to operate
- Valid driver’s license in the state where primary duties are performed; and willing to drive a company vehicle and/or a personal vehicle
- Valid passport, and or the ability to obtain one by the appropriate licensing agency
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by law
- High School diploma required
- Technical associates degree or trade school diploma in the subject area of electronics/electrical (Bachelors/undergraduate degree in the subject area preferred)
- A+ or CompTia preferred
- Gaming School Certification or Slot Manufacturers Certification is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of SHFL entertainment Services experience and certification as a Tech I or II, or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Slot Technician
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, lay down, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
If your position requires you to work in the field and/or warehouse, it is mandatory that you wear approved Personal Protective Equipment.
Benefits include a group health, dental and vision plan, long term disability and life insurance, paid vacations and paid holidays.
Apply through Careerbuilder.com.
1106 Palms Airport Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
SHFL entertainment is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only please. Temporary or permanent placement recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.