Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Use databases and relevant software to plan, design, and execute extractions of data and reports from the database. Work with business unit customer and/or other technical staff to design effective and efficient reports or other analytical use of data. Use data mining technologies and algorithms to search databases in productive ways that will answer client objectives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business unit managers and staff to determine needs for new or revised analytical needs and suggest new analytical pathways to address those needs.
- Determine applicability of varied statistical and mathematical tools to analyzing the risk of varied financial products, assets and transactions
- Track academic research in quantitative modeling used to measure risk for specific products and transactions.
- With pertinent client and technical staff, develop or consult on specifications of analytical study, new dataset(s), or novel report to be derived from database or data warehouse.
- Prepare and drive content for management-level reporting and presentations
- Consult or provide technical advice on larger projects involving analytical or business intelligence objectives.
- Assess analytical tools currently in use in the unit and scan business and academic sources for alternatives; test these and suggest their use in the unit, if feasible.
- Confer with database administrators, data architects, and data warehouse managers to assess type, scope, and provenance of data available for further or new forms of analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Over 4 years of experience in Data Analysis using the following technologies: Business Intelligence Tools, SAS, SQL and Access
- Solid Quantitative and Analytical Experience
- Solid Oral & Written Presentation Skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...