Trion Worlds is seeking a n experienced Database Administrator to join a team that manages a diverse database infrastructure supporting Trion’s 24/7 c orporate and game environments . I deal candidates will have strong technical, communication, and organizational skills, and will be able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast - paced environment.
- Provision, install, configur e , operat e, and maintain company's database systems
- Assist with technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Ensur e company's database systems procedures adhere to regulatory requirements and are aligned with organizational values
- Assist software engineering team with database - related technical issues
- Participat e in application development projects, focusing on the transition of projects from software engineering to production i nfrastructure by addressing database activities within the software development life-cycle and ongoing support during production operations
- Monitoring, tuning, replication, query optimization, backup , and recovery of MySQL database systems
- Maintain document ation on operational processes
- 4 + years of hands-on Database Administration experience with MySQ L 5.x or SQL Server 2005/2008 , with detailed understanding of internals, , r eplication and p artitioning , performance tuning, capacity planning, automated backup , and recovery
- Understanding of both OLTP and OLAP concepts
- Experience in geographically - separated environments
- E xperience with SQL Server Cluster or MySQL Cluster 7.x is a plus.
- Experience working with a scripting language such as Powershell , BASH, or Python is a plus.
Trion Worlds - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Two game - industry veterans announced Monday the launch of Trion World Network, a new company focused on developing and publishing...