Bering Straits Native Corporation (BSNC) is seeking a
full-time Payroll Technician II for the Anchorage,
Alaska office. The Payroll Technician II duties include,
preparing, processing, and reconciling payroll for
employees in multi-states and multiple companies. In
addition this position will provide supervision and
oversight to Payroll Technician I positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
timesheets for union, SCA and non union employees.
- Entering and reviewing weekly, bi-weekly and semi
taxes, medical and other deductions.
- Process and review weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for
- Enter new payroll employees into system.
- Update employee changes (Salary, class change,
garnishments and termination.
- Calculation of exception items such as bonuses,
Support for payment.
- Process employment verifications.
- Assist in tax related issues.
- Submit 401K, Garnishments, Union payments and Child
filing and payroll reports are filed accurately and
- Responsible for compiling, copying and insuring all
- Reviews and updates employee leave records.
- Processing weekly certified reports.
- Supervise the payroll processing by Payroll Tech I
NON - ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years payroll work experience.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience in
- Ten key by touch.
- Ability to meet weekly deadlines.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team
- At least five (5) years experience in payroll.
- Previous experience processing payroll in a multi
proficiency using Microsoft Office programs (Excel)
- Medium level of computer skills required, including
and email system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- CostPoint experience.
- Deltek Time & Expense experience.
and systems such as word processing, managing files
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
and records, stenography and transcription,
designing forms, and other office procedures and
- Managing one's own time and coordinating time with
writing so others will understand.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in
data, or process information.
- Using computers and computer system software, enter
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to hear, talk, sit
and use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and
telephone console. The employee is occasionally required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the
ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be borne by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to
computer screens and requires extensive use of a
computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have
acceptable reference and background check results.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity/ AA/ M/ F/ D/ V employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Program. We are a drug free workplace.
We only accept resumes when posted to our Career Site
for open positions.
If you are a person requiring accommodation or
assistance to apply for a job please contact
HR@beringstraits.com or call (907) 334-8322.
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com for more
details and to apply.
Division/Department : Bering Straits Native Corporation
Skills : Human Resources - > Payroll
Offer Relocation : No
# of Openings : 1
% of Travel Required : None
Job Code : 372
Bering Straits Native Corporation - 15 months ago