Crop Protection Technical Market Manager (Herbicides)-1202993
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The overall goal of this position is to provide technical leadership on the BASF herbicide portfolio to all internal and external customers. The position requires strong communication skills and the ability to summarize and present data and positions in a clear concise manner.
The Technical Market Manager assumes responsibility and leadership for all technical elements (labels, technical editing, product use direction, training materials, recommendations, and technical positioning) of assigned products. The manager is accountable for the product line technical support to the sales and marketing functions with the mission to increase net income via key operating objectives of increasing sales, reducing liability costs and maintaining the technical integrity of product positions.
Marketing support is achieved by direct interaction with specific marketing crop group units in the development and implementation of its annual business plans. Accountability for the income objectives of the crop groups are shared by the technical market manager. Support of the sales organization to achieve income objectives occurs primarily via interaction with resourcing of the technical service representatives.
Principal responsibilities for assigned products/crops include:
1) Technical assessment and sustainable technical recommendations for product positioning, labeling and for inclusion in business plans,
2) Technical training and direction to Tech Service reps using a variety of presentation and persuasion tools,
3) Business to business technical leadership in interactions with Marketing, Sales, Biology, Regulatory, channel partners and KIPs,
4) identification, prioritization and pursuit of new opportunities (label improvements, Sec 18s & 24c, 2ee and label extensions),
5) assistance/leadership in dealing with alleged product claims.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- MS/PhD degree in plant science, weed science, agronomy, entomology, plant pathology or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years post MS experience.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend product positioning based on evaluating data and customer needs.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in various software programs, including Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Agribusiness related experience.
- Experience in working with growers, Distribution/Retail, Universities, consultants and/or seed companies.
- Understanding of Distribution/Retail and grower needs.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
BASF - 2 years ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...