Provide and maintain a comprehensive information service to assist with patient care, research, education, and administrative tasks. Assists in planning and implementation of special projects for medical library. Substitutes for Medical Library Director when on leave to ensure continuity of information services.
1. Must have a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science.
2. Must know current library principles, theories, standard methods and techniques.
3. Familiar with (or interest to learn) medical terminology and medical databases.
1. Manages day-to-day library operations and facility when needed.
2. Facilitates both print and online resource accessibility. Assists with cataloging new print and online resources.
3. Conducts literature searches to support clinical care of patients and administrative functions of KRMC and KRHC.
4. Obtains copies of journal articles via online resources or interlibrary loans with other libraries.
5. Participates in library collection development.
6. Participates in the design, planning and implementation of new services or programs. Maintains cooperative relationships throughout KRMC/KRHC and representatives of networked libraries.
7. Manages day-to-day library operations and facility when needed.
8. Facilitates both print and online resource accessibility. Assists with cataloging new print and online resources.