At Modernizing Medicine, we are looking for passionate, innovative, creative Rock stars!
Chief Software Architect
Modernizing Medicine is looking for our Chief Software Architect. You must have a passion for creating and delivering high availability, high performance, mission critical web and mobile applications. You will be working in an energetic, dynamic, and highly creative environment along with a group of highly talented, passionate, and successful individuals.
- Named the #1 Fastest Growing Company by the South Florida Business Journal in its " Fast 50" for 2012!
- Awarded the " Business of the Year - H. Wayne Huizenga Startup Award " at the South Florida Business Journal's 2012 Business of the Year Awards!
- Florida Companies to Watch Award – 2012!
- Responsible for the overall quality, integrity and technical leadership for a collection of fast-changing production application technologies created and maintained by a team of engineers
- Responsible for the application performance, scalability, reliability, and security in a cloud based production environment
- Provide technical leadership to engineers as well as be a thought leader to the management team
- Work as a member of the team to architect, design, and develop web mobile software applications and services
- Work closely with staff physicians, engineers and business leaders to fully understand and document the requirements
- Champion and drive best practices and processes in the team: coding standards, code-reviews, check-ins and builds, change management efforts, risk and issue tracking, bug triages, testing and releases
- Document and communicate architectural requirements and designs at various levels of abstraction
- Provide oversight of the applications (from architecture point of view) and determine changes that improve usability, quality, security, performance and scalability
- Develop and drive the technology architecture roadmap
- Lead technology evaluations, driving decisions on buy, build, partner, or open source and provide recommendations on various approaches to solving technical problems while ensuring that technologies support near term and long term business objectives, while balancing short vs. longer-term implementation trade-offs
Required Experience / Education:
- Experience in using open source technologies and integration frameworks – specifically Java and MySQL
- Excellent software development skills including hands on knowledge of SaaS Architecture, MVC Frameworks and RESTful architectures
- An excellent understanding of cloud architecture and the deployment of highly available, scalable, and secure applications within a cloud production environment
- Substantial hands-on experience in driving/leading efforts in system performance modeling, capacity planning, testing, performance tuning, optimization, re-use and scalability of products
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collect and leverage metric data in determining root cause issues and prioritizing work efforts accordingly
- A passion to stay well versed with the evolving technology trends, specifically in Web and mobile technologies
- Strong documentation and communication skills with the ability to effectively influence requirements, and designs at different levels of abstraction and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with agile development processes
- Expert level experience with OO and MVC design principles
- Effective facilitative leadership skills to drive shared vision on requirements and technology solutions and lead a technical team to deliver high quality, customer-driven products
- A Bachelor's degree with advanced degree preferred (e.g. MS in Computer Science or equivalent)
- At least 10 years of overall software development experience, including 5 years of experience designing and building Internet applications, with experience delivering these applications at scale
Modernizing Medicine, Inc. - 17 months ago
Modernizing Medicine® is transforming how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized in order to increase efficiency and...