Responsible for understanding and analyzing requirements and develop reports using MicroStrategy Business Intelligence tool.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deliver BI solutions such as reports, cubes, dashboards, ad hoc data access solutions using best practices.
- Understand the data warehouse and data mart models as well as become familiar with the business information contained in each as well as the source systems.
- Work closely with analysts and user representatives for technical delivery of reporting solutions.
- Maintain the semantic model, including definitions and derived rules, and the BI infrastructure security model.
- Debug report issues by analyzing the data sources and SQLs to provide quick resolutions
Participate in requirement gathering sessions, produce necessary design, development, and testing documentation.
- Review designs, code and testing with the project team as appropriate
Work closely with BI technology vendors for any need arising due to production support, product upgrades, or development.
- Analyze requirements, assess current state as well as strategic goals and devise plans for delivering the most appropriate solution.
- Closely work with DBAs to fix performance bottlenecks in reporting.
- Collaborate with Tech Ops for guidance on hosting and deploying reporting environment.
- Collaborate with ETL developers and participate in data model designs.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems and software as well as performance tune BI applications
- Extensive experience in reporting and business intelligence applications
- Excellent data analysis and SQL skills
- Strong Microstrategy data modeling skills
- Thorough understanding of Datawarehouse architectures (any of the following preferred: Star schemas, Snowflake schemas, slowly changing dimensions, and aggregation techniques)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, react to problems quickly, understand complex
issues and produce high quality solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to develop, maintain, review, and explain logical and physical data models
- Ability to perform production support as required
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills
- MicroStrategy Certification a plus
- Understanding of advertising industry is a plus
M a nagement reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with MicroStrategy Tool suite 8.x/9.x required
- 2+ years of experience with architecting MicroStrategy projects and building reports required
- 1+ years of experience with Microstrategy administration -installation and configuration; LDAP and AD Security configuration, performance management.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Millennial Media - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard