1. Educational Requirements: The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or a related degree and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
2. Ability to quickly learn new software and hardware.
3. Ability to work with a team to solve problems.
4. Background check may be conducted.
5. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
6. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
7. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Position is located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15 - 20 hours / week during the academic year and at least 20 hours / week during the summer.
Who We Are: Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the design, manufacture, sales, and services of large screen video display systems, electronic scoreboards, digital billboards and control systems. This is a position for majors in the field of Electrical Engineering and will provide you with experience that makes you stand out from your peers, most noticeably in your labs and on your resume.
What You Get To Do: At Daktronics, you will put your major to the test using cutting edge technology to trouble shoot, diagnose and repair issues with hardware, operating systems, applications and networks used by high-profile customers, some with intense pressure to meet deadlines. As an electrical engineering student, you will apply skills learned in class by using schematics, soldering equipment, oscilloscopes, frequency generators, power supplies, multimeters and test fixtures to learn and understand how designs impact each other, learning the evolution and life-cycle of products. You will push the capabilities of electronics in environmental tests. You will see extreme failures and successes, diffusing problems in current product and challenging to improve the design so those same problems don’t show up in future designs. You will actively engage in finding solutions to network and control system problems and experience the satisfaction of knowing that something that wasn’t working yesterday is working for our customer today because of your solutions and problem solving skills. And sometimes, you will even see your work on national television!
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- 2 years ago - save job
Governor Dennis Daugaard's goal is to create a culture in state government centered around serving the citizens, the voters and the...