is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues,
second largest institutional pharmacy company in America
operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Sioux Falls
is recruiting a
Pharmacy Technician I
to join our team.
- Assists the Pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Types prescription information to produce labels.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments.
- Packages medications for dispensing and for delivery.
- Sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
- Communicates with nursing center personnel and other customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Processes returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Knowledge of Data Entry and / or IV experience is a plus.
Interested candidates please apply on-line @
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification if required by state.
- Minimum one year experience in a long-term care pharmacy preferred.
The only time you'll see PharMerica's products is when a nurse hands you a pill in a paper cup. It is the country's...