Develops, organizes and implements high quality sports and recreational programs for youth and adults. This position can and should positively affect the physical, mental, social and emotional development of the YMCA participant. The Coordinator will successfully fulfill his/her job description by meeting or exceeding the program goals and objectives. Participants should always have a positive and enjoyable experience at the YMCA.
The youth and adult programs will experience an:
- increase in the number of programs offered,
- increase in number of program participants
- will contribute to the overall positive bottom line of the Gallatin Valley YMCA
1. Coordinates and supervises sports and recreations program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands sports and recreation programming within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Develops, prepares, and justifies a budget for areas of responsibility. Controls and accounts for the expenditure of funds in accordance with the approved budget. Makes recommendations based on investigation for program fees.
3. Interviews, recruits and trains sports and recreations staff and volunteers. Assists in reviewing, monitoring, motivating and evaluating staff performance
4. Assist with program registration, attendance records, staff payroll and accounts receivable.
5. Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games, practices and programs; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
6. Solicits & secures sport team sponsorships from local business owners.
7. Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings and training and meetings for coaches and or staff.
8. Organizes transportation for program participants, if necessary.
9. Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
10. Purchases and distributes team uniforms and awards.
11. Organizes and hosts community events promoting YMCA health and wellness programs.
12. Assists in the marketing and distribution of sports and recreation program information.
13. Reviews and processes program scholarship applications.
14. Help ensure quality control standards and participants' safety.
15. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
16. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
17. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
18. Assists with Program Committee meetings
19. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement : Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration : Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness : Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth : Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. Two years related experience preferred.
3. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include; CPR and First Aid and CDL for driving YMCA vehicles.
4. Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Salary: $24,000 - $27,000
Additional Compensation Details:
Full-Time Exempt position a comprehensive benefit package including health & dental insurance, 8% Y retirement contribution, vacation/holiday/illness paid time off.
YMCA - 18 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...