Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling five business units: Live Events, Schools & Theatres, Commercial, Transportation and International.
The Digital Billboard Manufacturing Plant, located in Sioux Falls, SD, will support the billboard and fuel light niches within the Commercial market. The Plant will be responsible for the timely and quality production of digital billboards, fuel lights displays, and additional products as business needs demand.
Shifts with open positions may include:
Night Mon/Tue/Wed Thurs 4:30pm-3:00am
1. Inspect, test, and troubleshoot Printed Circuit Boards, assemblies, subassemblies and displays under the direction of a technician and supervisor/Test Engineer. Perform these tasks using the applicable drawings, schematics, and parts lists, in addition to test procedures written for the product under test. This includes configuring enclosures and loading firmware and software.
2. Utilize skills to assist in training assemblers on setting up and performing functional tests.
3. Effectively operate within the Glovia software environment.
4. Work with other areas of manufacturing to identify and resolve defects and identify and implement improvements to increase the overall quality of the product.
5. Assist in maintaining, reviewing and updating existing test procedures as well as assist in part or in total with developing and implementing new test procedures. Work to reduce scrap and rework in Testing area. Effective communication with Test Engineer will be essential to improving processes.
6. Coordinate with Test Engineer to best determine the shift testing and repair priorities. Report against plan. Coordinate information exchange with other shifts.
7. Ensure that systems being shipped meet the quality and performance requirements.
8. Be safety conscious at all times when performing testing or troubleshooting operations.
9. Learn Daktronics products, systems, and processes. Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
10. Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Work additional hours as necessary to meet the challenges of the position.
11. Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer and department expectations.
1. Associates degree in electronics or a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent. Equivalent experience may be considered.
2. Prefer strong background and experience in troubleshooting to the component level on through hole and SMT technology.
3. Computer skills including keyboarding, Excel, and Glovia ERP.
4. Good technical writing and verbal communication skills required. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
5. Demonstrated experience interacting with a variety of individuals in a positive, professional manner.
6. Must be self-motivated and organized in order to plan, execute, and document work plus work with a high level of independence.
7. Ability to travel via ground and air. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be verified.
8. Physical requirements include the ability to:
8.1 distinguish and identify wire and paint colors;
8.2 read fine print with or without the use of corrective lenses
8.3 work with odors (solder/paint/solvent/manufacturing odor);
8.4 lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs) and/or awkward items
8.5 stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job functions
8.6 maintain steady hand-eye coordination
8.7 reach in all directions and in potentially awkward positions
9. Background check may be conducted.
10. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
11. Background check will be conducted.
12. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 10 months ago
Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. Its...