REPORTS TO: Purification Manager
DEPT NAME: Development Business Unit
JOB CLASSIFICATION: LEVEL: 4 Professional
STATUS: Fulltime Salaried
Senior Scientist – Purification Development: Responsible for development and optimization of purification (downstream) processes for biologic therapeutics (i.e. mAbs).
N/A or may supervise team members
- For the design, planning, and execution of experiments to develop purification processes.
- For the orientation and training of team members.
- For supporting process optimization and characterization, as part of the overall development team.
- Overseeing and authoring technical reports which may be used to support regulatory filings.
Must have experience developing and scaling-up commonly used purification operations such as chromatography, filtration, precipitation and centrifugation.
Must have extensive experience operating GE AKTA TM chromatography systems and unicorn TM software.
Must have knowledge of analytical techniques such as SEC, IEF, SDS-Page, ELISA etc.
Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Must have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills coupled with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Experience writing and executing late stage process characterization protocol strongly preferred.
Technical transfer experience strongly preferred.
Client-facing interpersonal skills coupled with experience or demonstrated ability to act as a technical lead.
Knowledge of diverse purification platforms.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
This job description is not all inclusive, other duties may be performed as assigned
- M.S. or Ph.D. with >2 years experience is required.
- Solid foundation in the fundamentals of chromatography, filtration and design of experiments concepts.
- Routine use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word is essential. Routine use of statistical software and /or other statistical analysis methods will be expected.
- Lifting, walking, sitting for long periods, and repetitive hand motions.
- This role will be based in St. Louis.
Keyword: Senior Scientist – Purification Development
From: Gallus BioPharmaceuticals