Huntington Learning Corporation, leading franchise in the supplemental education industry is seeking a Lead Web Developer to join our corporate team in Oradell, NJ.
The Lead Web Developer designs, creates, and extends, as well as helps maintain and support custom web-based applications, as well as some configured commercial applications, to meet defined requirements. The Lead Web Developer defines and delegates portions of work to others, overseeing their work. This position reports to the Senior VP of IT, and sometimes matrix-reports to other leads on a per-project basis.
- Extend, support and maintain existing web applications used at Huntington and by Huntington clients.
- Configure, extend, administer and support commercial applications.
- Design and develop new technology solutions, primarily in the .NET framework, that fulfill business requirements.
- Act as lead for web development projects and sub-projects, delegating pieces of work on a solution, ensuring that pieces returned arrive on time with good quality, adhere to design and work well together, constructing a complete solution that meets requirements.
- Integrate applications and databases to reduce redundant stores of data, improve data integrity, boost user efficiency and reduce redundant data entry.
- Estimate project time requirements
- Work with users and members of IT in troubleshooting problems experienced in applications.
- Produce reports drawn from Huntington applications as needed by the business.
- Participate in requirements discussions, create design documents and prototypes to help ensure that IT is aligned with business needs and will meet them.
- Interact with users, sponsors, project managers, and other leads to keep IT and the business aligned and moving in the same direction.
- Unit test and peer-work test to ensure quality.
- Assist other developers in tackling their duties.
- Lead discussion among team programmers on issues requiring technical or methodology decisions.
- Ensure that code is checked out and back in according to department procedures, with code always being protected and backed up.
- Produce deployment documentation, handing off these and completed applications to Quality Assurance.
- Create and update systems documentation.
Technology skills and experience required:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in web development languages, including at least 5 years intense experience with the following technologies:
and preferably experience with the following, in this order of priority:
- o Office integration
- o SAP / Business Objects Crystal Reports
- o Development for SharePoint
- o PHP
- o HTML, CSS
- o Sybase ASA
- o MS Access
- o Financial systems experience
- o Classic ASP
- Two years or more of leading small application development teams
Driven to get the details. Detail-oriented in nature, and can demonstrate this with examples of his/her documentation.
Determined to understand business needs and design solutions supporting those needs.
Knowledgeable about and can explain an effective systems development lifecycle process that he/she has participated in that helped achieve project success.
Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidates who are interested and meet the above requirements should send a resume along with a cover letter outlining salary history and requirement to the link provided.
Benefits at Huntington:
- Fast paced, dynamic and friendly work environment
- Competitive pay ($110k - $135k)
- Significant growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
- Employee assistance program
- Short and long term disability
- Additional voluntary insurance plans through UNUM
- Employee referral bonus program