Develops code for software projects, and design and implement bug fixes.
Designs software projects.
Defines software specifications.
Interfaces with internal customers for requirements analysis and schedule.
Develops software documentation.
Troubleshoots a variety of difficult software problems.
Performs software tests on code and enhancements.
Interfaces with external customers regarding software issues.
Assists in technically leading, and/or executes software projects.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Wide application of principles, theories and concepts in field plus working knowledge of related disciplines.
- General knowledge of software engineering concepts and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of relevant software languages
- General knowledge of software development tools and environment
- May include general knowledge of real-time control concepts.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented
- Exercises mature judgment
- Ability to work in a team, ability to work independently
- Ability to influence other people, and ability to act as mentor.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, and 5+ years directly related experience (or equivalent).
- MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, and 2+ years directly related experience including software engineering with real time control and complex system design (or equivalent) is preferred.
Applied Materials Inc. - 21 months ago
Today, semiconductor manufacturing; tomorrow, the world -- of alternative energy sources. Applied Materials is, by far, the world's...