Journeyman Substation Electrician-23405
We anticapte the need for one or more Substation Journeyman Electrician to join the Xcel Energy team in Amery, Eau Claire or Lacrosse, Wisconsin! In this position, you will be responsible for installing, constructing, inspecting, repairing and maintaining all electrical substation equipment such as: high voltage transformers, structures, conductors, conduits, switches, power circuit breakers, regulators, generators, motors, pumps, instrumentation, metering, control and other wiring. You will also be responsible for obtaining and verifying proper clearances and be able to switch 345kv, 230kv, 115kv, and all distribution high voltages. In this position, you must have basic knowledge of National Electric Code, FERC, Hazmat, OSHA regulations. To be successful in this position you must be self motivated, work well with others and have a positive attitude.
This posting is being posted in conjunction with Posting #23407, Apprentice Substation electrician. There will be a total of one or more position (s) between the two postings and the successful candidate will be placed in Apprentice or Journeyman level commensurate with experience.
This position will be located at the Eau Claire or La Crosse Service Centers depending on successful candidate.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must currently be a Journeyman or 5th step Apprentice level or higher.
- Must have completed an approved substation apprentice program or company approved equivalent, or currently participating in equivalent apprentice program.
- Must have a CDL/Class A driver's license.
- Will be required to respond to after hour and weekend call out and must be willing to travel extensively for extended periods of time.
- Must have basic computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Will be required to meet residency requirement of 20 mile radius of the reporting headquarters.
- Must demonstrate commitment to working safely
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in a variety of weather conditions, at heights and within confined spaces.
- Must have the ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds and have the ability to use an assortment of hand tools and electrical diagnostic equipment.
Other Locations: Wisconsin-Amery, Wisconsin-La Crosse, Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Union Position: Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 12 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4 m...