Role: To assist customers with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Teller Major Duties and Responsibilities:
55% Receives and processes customer financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells cashier's checks, money orders and to customers; posts transactions or transfers amounts from customer accounts as directed.
10% Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
10% Post transactions to customer accounts and maintain customer records.
10% Welcomes customers and provides routine information concerning services and directs customer to appropriate department for specific information and service.
5% Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone.
1. To balance being no more then $25 off in a 1 month period.
2. To have no more than 3 resolved or unresolved errors per month. 3. To assist customers in the lobby within 5 minutes, respond to correspondence within 1 day, answer telephone within 3 rings, responds to messages within 2 hours.
4. To provide friendly, professional, personal service to all customers and bank personnel (within and outside of the department.)
5. To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
6. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
7. To troubleshoot and resolve customer and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
8. The incumbent shall work well under pressure, be able to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
9. The incumbent shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and customers.
10. Complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a score of 85% or greater by due date.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Up to six months of similar or related experience. Education A high school education or GED.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard