Under general supervision, the medical technologist is accountable for performing a variety of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. This essential position ensures timely and accurate laboratory testing and reports. The medical technologist is valued for strong attention to detail, the ability to problem solve, proficiency and technical knowledge, and is a vital contributor in the diagnosis and treatment for patient care delivery.
The incumbent must be able to work in Microbiology or be willing to train to do so as they will be responsible for shifts in mirco unsupervised.
Entry Rate: $20.61
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Full-Time 7 on 7 off with no PTO accruals until 10th year of service
Department: Utah Valley Regional Medical Center - Laboratory
Additional Details: Work 70hrs/pay-period paid for 80
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology science. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Scientist certification (American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT), Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT), Registered Medical Technologist (RMT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS))
- Ability to use laboratory systems, databases, and spreadsheets
- Effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person
- Experience with laboratory information systems
- Experience in relevant areas of the clinical laboratory
- Strong Chemistry and Hemotolgy background
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...