Activities will be to act as the Completions
representative whether in the main office or at site for
a specific project.
Senior Principal Completions Specialist will be
responsible for verifying all Systems Completions
requirements associated with the work scope of project
activities for all disciplines, i.e., Structural,
Piping, Electrical, Mechanical, Process and
Instrumentation prior to issue to Mechanical Completion
(MC) and will be the Systems Completions signatory from
Construction to Commissioning and the acceptance of a
system or sub system via the MC certificate.
After receipt of the MC certificate the Project
Completions Engineer along with the Commissioning
Engineer will plan the Dynamic Testing activities and
carry out live testing on the equipment or systems
handed over from Construction. For a particular piece of
equipment or system a Completions and Commissioning
Procedure will have been created by the Project
Completions Engineer and or the Commissioning Engineer
(or Third Party) and it will be followed with each
activity signed for as it is tested to regulatory body
and/or our client satisfaction.
Each activity which is complete will be identified on a
RFSU or Ready for Start Up document. Each RFSU will
contain a Sub system or system or multiples of the same
and all these documents together will add up to the
system handover document.
This will in effect allow the system to be handed over
to the client via a single sheet known as a System
Senior Principal Completions Specialist is responsible
for ensuring that the tests are robust enough to satisfy
any statutory body and that they are fit for purpose.
He/She will be actively involved in all testing and
handing over to the operating company a vessel fit for
Project Lead Completions Engineer is responsible for
ensuring that all Certification, Completions,
Commissioning and Handover Dossiers are complete and
able to demonstrate the Technical Integrity of
construction through to mechanical completion,
pre-commissioning, commissioning & handover, including
any vendor work scope documentation ensuring that all
Client or vendors requirements have been met.
Duties for Systems Completion and Close-out include:
Project Lead Completions Engineer:
- The signing of the Construction, Completion,
Commissioning and Hand over Dossiers.
- Signing and verifying all certification present and
- Advising and ensuring that they are delivered where
and when they should be as per the project plan.
- The creation and administration of the TQ Technical
Querie/EQ Engineering Queries register. Any
deviations to the original work scope documented and
TQ’s/EQ’s are present where applicable and are
- The creation and administration of the Punch list
Register. Ensuring Punch list items where applicable
are closed out.
- All appropriate documentation TQ’s/EQ’s, Tool Box
Talks is included in the pack.
- All affected equipment tags / cables / line numbers
have been updated.
- Appropriate drawings have been as-built. Red Line
mark ups are available.
- Final sign off and Closeout Dossier signed for
delivery to Client.
- The above outlines some of the duties of the
Commissioning Engineer but is not limited to the
items in the list.
- Ensure from start of project that all Engineering
drawing system numbers are in line with the clients
- Planning and coordination of all static and dynamic
commissioning in the project
- Overseeing commissioning works
- Coordination of vendor assistance requirements and
schedule for all equipments, packages, etc
- Assisting the selection of commissioning discipline
- Consultant to engineering during design phases to
facilitate commissioning activities during
- Support to field engineering during construction
- Organization of work forces in various areas to
maintain adequate manpower for the scheduled
- Monitoring subcontractors commissioning crew
manpower requirement, efficiency and productivity
- Coordination of material and equipment requirements
with planned commissioning schedules
- Coordination of turnover activities and start-up
- Coordination of work efforts between various
subcontractors and client specialist dedicated to
commissioning and start-up activities
* Must have the ability to communicate with project
discipline engineers at all levels and give guidance
on commissioning requirements as per the scopes of
the project activities.
- Attention to detail & high standard of work ethic
with extensive craft experience.
- A candidate with a minimum of 10 years Knowledge and
experience is preferred.
McDermott - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard