Req ID 19063 - Posted 11/02/2013 - Accounting\Finance - Americas - United States - Illinois - La Fox
Director, Finance/Controller for Richardson RFPD
Richardson RFPD an Arrow Company
Arrow Electronics Inc. is a Fortune 200 company (rank 133) with 15,700 employees worldwide, bringing technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Richardson RFPD, Inc is a specialized electronic component distributor providing design engineers with technical expertise and global design support for the latest new products from the world’s leading suppliers of RF, Wireless and Energy technologies.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for aDirector, Finance/Controller in our La Fox, IL location.
Overview of Position:
The Director of Finance/Controller is a key member of the Richardson RFPD leadership team and will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller of Arrow Electronics and will have dotted line responsibility to the president of Richardson RFPD. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the company and will serve as a close business partner to the President of the company.
This job will be primarily responsible for planning, implementing and managing all financial and P&L related activities of the company. This will include direct global responsibilities for strategic and operational planning, budgeting, forecasting, performance measurement, business support, credit, risk management and financial compliance. This role will work closely with the Richardson RFDP Executive Team, Sales, Product, Asset Management and Operations organizations and will interface with the broader Arrow Corporate Accounting and Finance organization.
- Lead the development of the short and long term strategic, operational and financial objectives of the company.
- Lead all aspects of corporate accounting including the month end close, operational accounting, financial reporting, treasury operations, due diligence & post acquisition integration, Sarbanes Oxley and audit & tax coordination.
- Corporate Accounting – manage the completion of the global month end close in five business days for three site locations in North America, Asia and Europe. Establish expectations regarding the monthly close process to ensure the financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Operational Accounting - Manage the operational accounting function including accounts payable, inventory accounting, and fixed assets. Due to the high volume of transactions in these areas, evaluate the current work load and identify opportunities for continual process improvement.
- Financial Reporting – Oversee the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. Manage the statutory reporting requirements of foreign countries. Present the financial statements and key reporting metrics to the corporate controller of Arrow Electronics and to the senior staff of the Company.
- Treasury Operations – Manage the rolling 13 week cash flow forecast and monitor daily cash balances including the review of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Annual Plan and Budget - Lead the Annual Planning process and the Monthly and Quarterly Forecasting process.
- Financial Planning and Business Intelligence - Measure and drive Richardson RFPD performance and provide relevant business intelligence to the broader organization. Provide analytical support to the Executive Team, Sales, Product and Asset Management organizations in opportunity evaluation and decision making.
- Financial Leadership - Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and win business opportunities. Work closely with the President as a business partner providing financial and business counsel, analytical support and required reporting.
- Other responsibilities include: Support pre and post acquisition activities including due diligence and post acquisition integration; Evaluate and improve Sarbanes Oxley and Accounting Processes; Coordinate the year-end audit and quarterly reviews with the public accounting firm.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Develop a best in class global finance team.
- Oversee the daily management of talent to optimize contribution and retain key contributors for the success of the business.
- Play a key role in employee communication efforts and build organizational culture where employees feel valued and motivated to give their best.
- Ensure basic compliance to company policies and that employee risk is managed within requirements of a Fortune 150 company.
Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Seasoned, business and finance leader with business operations experience, proven ability to serve as a counselor to President of Richarson RFPD and lead a Global Finance organization.
- BA in Business, Accounting or Finance. MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
- 10+ years progressive accounting and finance experience including four years of management experience within a multi-site manufacturing business.
- Previous experience working as a finance leader for a division of a large global company is preferred.
- Previous work experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Six Sigma certification or related process and quality experience is preferred.
- Strong US GAAP experience is required.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Unwavering foundation in values and ethics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A natural inclination for detail coupled with an innate ability to think strategically.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at Richardson RFPD and Arrow to create results-driven and team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex matrixed organization while preserving the identity and clear objectives of the Richardson RFPD business.
- Excellent verbal and written for a global and executive level audience with communications that are concise, business relevant, and influential
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, learns and adapts quickly.
- Experience working and communicating effectively across countries and regions with credibility
- Successfully manage & deal with ambiguity; demonstrates high level of resourcefulness
- Proven ability to create and maintain an environment that enables strong teamwork and an organization that is committed, accountable, and exceeds expectations
Arrow - 30+ days ago
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products, along...