Job Title: Vice President, Annuity Operations Job ID: 70928 Location: Iowa Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Location
Des Moines, Iowa Job Description
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the Annuity Operations and Services organization, providing end to end customer service and support towards the annuity business distributed by each of the distinct distribution franchises within MetLife’s America’s retail and group segment: MetLife Investors, MetLife, New England Financial, and MetLife Resources. Annuity products serviced and supported include both individual (IRA/NQ) and group (403b, 401k) markets. Responsibilities include development, communication, and implementation of the vision, organizational structure, and overall business strategy for Annuity Operations and Services: including new business and post issue processing, shared operational services, customer service call centers, business analysis, project management, user acceptance testing, and technology support for annuities. This position maximizes operational efficiencies; partners with the GOSC, drives customer service and experience, and supports the overall needs of our customers while attaining targeted expense reductions and proactively supporting the MetLife Enterprise vision. Participates as a member of Retail Annuity Products senior leadership team to create the strategic direction for the organization to become the industry leader. Works collaboratively with senior level business partners to develop and attain overall strategic objectives for the annuity segment, and the Enterprise overall.
Dimensions of Position:
Annuity Contracts In-force: 2.7M Administered
Annual Business Volumes:
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
- New Business: 240K Cases (Deposits = $18B+)
- Post Issue Processing: 2.1M+ Transactions
- Call Center Servicing: 2.0M+ Calls Handled
- Staffing/Associates: 835 Full-Time, 6 Direct Reports , 4 Operating Sites
1. Strategic leadership over the development, communication, and execution of Annuity Operations and Services overall vision and strategy; consistent with the broader MetLife America and Enterprise vision and operating models.
2. Strategic direction and oversight management to ensure continual improvements in customer experience, operational efficiency, expense reductions, organizational structure, operational systems/platforms, and time/quality service levels within Annuity Operations and Services.
3. Manage operational results and processing (including all internal policies and procedures) to ensure all business volumes are transacted within service objectives and regulatory requirements, while maximizing operational efficiencies and ensuring a high level of quality as required by our customers and the external marketplace..
4. Partner and collaborate with internal business partners to develop and implement strategic direction for operational service delivery and overall alignment and support towards Retail annuity segment vision and strategies.
5. Identification of key initiatives to optimize and increase Annuity Operations and Services operational effectiveness (includes development of new processes and servicing methods with and without technology).
6. Contribute as a member of senior leadership team of Retail Annuity Products, charged with collaborating to further develop, refine, and drive overall strategic vision and objectives throughout the organization -- ensuring world class customer service and industry leading operational effectiveness.
7. Work with Human Resources to continually develop, leverage, and maximize our associate performance through recruitment, development, retention, and engagement initiatives -- ensuring a high performing, skilled, and engaged associate population that is well positioned to meet the ever changing environment.
8. Oversee development of annual operational and technology budgets for Annuity Operations, ensuring alignment and support towards overall MetLife America and Enterprise vision and objectives. Ensures expenses are managed within approved annual budgets. Oversees contract negotiations, as well as ongoing management and performance monitoring of internal and external vendor relationships. Job Requirements
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies Required :
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in delivering presentations to all levels or Senior management
Knowledge of core business functions, especially with regard to the interrelationships necessary to achieve appropriate business solutions
Proven project management and highly developed interpersonal skills
Analytical, research, and deductive reasoning skills a must
College Degree or Advanced Degree
Experienced leader with the ability to attract, select, develop, manage and retain the performance of highly skilled professional associates
Financial acumen to understand business value and make recommendations Job Category
Insurance, Annuity Operations Equal Employment Opportunity MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. How To Apply For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 24 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...