TITLE: Credit Representative
The Credit Representative will monitor and maintain a portfolio of Independent (Core Accounts) to ensure the timely payment of invoices and resolution of chargebacks, while minimizing overall risk. In addition, the Credit Representative will provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers while assisting with the collection of credit data on new and existing accounts and communicating any issues that may create financial risk to the Senior Credit Risk Manager and the Director of Accounting Operations.
- Perform collection calls with frequent follow up to expedite customer payments. Review aging reports to identify past due accounts and disputed invoices.
- Conduct daily decision making and customer negotiations to release or hold orders based on account status and history.
- Perform monthly posting and bill presentment of non-merchandise expenses to customer accounts. Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure all bills have been captured and offset the correct general ledger accounts.
- Assist the Senior Credit & Compliance Manager with credit line evaluations to ensure consistency with the Cole Haan corporate credit policies. This includes researching customer payment habits, collecting credit reports from contracted agencies and pulling references.
- Reconcile deductions by researching claims, crediting those that are valid and sending concise dispute packages of invalid claims to the customer.
- Maintain open dialogue with Director of Accounting, Senior Credit Risk Manager, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing to facilitate a continued successful partnership with our International Customers.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field
- One year previous experience in collections required
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent follow up skills and the ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and Access, experience with SAP a plus
Founded by Trafton Cole and Eddie Haan in 1928, Cole Haan is built on American craftsmanship and ingenuity. We combine traditional methods,...