Assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients. May advise clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
Position Specific: Assess elderly and disabled clients initially, annually and PRN emergency reassessment for eligibility to receive services enabling them to live in their home and community under the direction of their personal physician. Collaboration with CCSP staff, providers, clients and caregivers to develop an individualized care plan to meet the needs of the client delaying premature institutionalization.
Minimum Training & Experience: A current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: A BSN degree. Experience in Public Health. Experience in case management.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
1. Collects and assesses data and screens client/patients to determine eligibility within guidelines. Completes initials received, making phone or face-to-face contact within 5 days of receipt of file and follows up with completion of file in AIMS within a week’s time.
2. Performs comprehensive assessments of client’s health care needs including advanced assessments as deemed necessary ie: SLUMS, NSI, PHQ9, Critical Incident report and Complaint log. Includes documentation in chart.
3. Develops individualized plans of care consistent with assessment and client’s/family’s level of need and functional ability
4. Provides health education and instructions to individuals, families, and/or classes for the promotion and maintenance of health.
5. Coordinates program services with other service providers and community organizations to promote optimal implementation.
6. Participates in planning, organization and evaluation of program areas to ensure the goals and objectives of the program are met.
7. Willingness to visit clients/patients in a 15 county area, including Dade, Walker, Catoosa, Chattooga, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Murray, Whitfield, Bartow, Gordon, Floyd, Polk, Paulding and Haralson.
Sample Technical Competencies:
1. Ability to assess, plan and organize schedule independently
2. Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
3. Computer skills including but not limited to ability to learn AIMS (Aging Information Management System), Adobe, Microsoft Office Word, Crystal
This announcement is open to all qualified applicants.
FAX or MAIL a completed application to:
Ms. Jenny Eubanks
Community Care Service Program
101 East Second Avenue, Suite 200
Rome, Georgia 30161
A State of Georgia Application for Employment is required. You may attach a resume. You may download a copy from the State Personnel Administration’s Website: https://www.careers.ga.gov/
If you have a disability and require assistance to apply for this position, please call the Georgia Relay Services Dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-255-0135.
** An Equal Opportunity Employer **
Applicants Selected for this position will be subject to Drug & Medical Screening, Fingerprint/Criminal, Record Investigation, Reference Checks, Proof of Education and Verification of Identity and Eligibility to work in the United States of America (E-Verify)
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact: *
Ms. Jenny Eubanks
* Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
Georgia Careers - 19 months ago