CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
Savvis, is a CenturyLink company, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. Nearly 2,500 unique clients, including more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500, use Savvis to reduce capital expense, improve service levels and harness the latest advances in cloud computing. By outsourcing to Savvis and CenturyLink, enterprises can focus on their core business while we ensure the quality of their IT infrastructure automation.
Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas, building new revenue by selling data-networking/transport, managed hosting (IaaS, colo/dedicated web-hosting, security), and other related products and services to medium size accounts.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications
- Responsible for cold calling, prospecting, in a high activity sales model to an assigned zip code based territory.
- Must provide superior customer service on a day to day basis.
- Must be self motivated and self disciplined and provide prompt follow-up to all customer inquiries.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to present in both small and large group settings. Must have a polished, professional presentation.
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily activities and results. Strong organizational skills are imperative.
- Will be required to obtain technical certifications. Training is provided, but the ability to learn technical concepts is critical
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors.
- Partner with customers through a strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business needs, issues, strategies and priorities to deliver a value-adding business solution.
- Manage sales funnel to analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Utilize PowerPoint to develop presentations focused on sales solutions responding to the specific buying needs of the client.
- Utilize Excel to create spreadsheets and manage data related to customer accounts and sales funnel management.
- Minimum of two and preferably five or more years direct Business to Business outside sales experience within a High Tech industry calling on medium-sized accounts.
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales.
- Experience developing, researching and presenting formal presentations to senior level management and other end users.
- Technical aptitude with proficiency with MS products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ year(s) of direct business to business outside sales experience within the data-networking/transport or managed hosting industries calling on medium-sized accounts.
- Familiar with local marketplace, companies and community in geography stated above.
- Technical background in Hosting, cloud and Telecom preferred.
Qwest Communications - 16 months ago