SUMMARY of the position:|
Works under minimal supervision, with occasional guidance.
Duties are varied and moderately complex.
Applies skills in area of specialization.
May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level partners.
Sets example for partners in Pharmacy by role modeling customer service, SOP compliance and business acumen.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the position:
REQUIREMENTS for the position:
- Provide great customer service and role model service standards, including working closely with Pharmacy Care Representatives (PCRs) in providing patient care
- Have an understanding and knowledge of HEB Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and where to access them
- Receive and process written prescriptions from customers using RxEVO computer system
- Verify complete patient information to input into the computer system
- Input prescription data into computer
- Process 3rd party prescriptions and manage adjudication review
- Apply computer troubleshooting and prescription application overview
- Manage the Exception station
- Retrieve inventory from shelf for processing
- Performs prescription assembly using Kirby Lester
- Verification and label of prescriptions by 8 point check. Total shift production may include up to 1,000 scripts on a heavy volume day
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Health Information (PHI) as required by HIPAA
- Hand count control medications, measure liquids, reconstitute antibiotics
- Verify type of cap required for prescription (child-proof, easy open); replace if necessary
- Maintains automated prescription processing equipment-Kirby Lester
- Process Central Fill Check In
- Inventory ordering and management through RxIMS
- Check warehouse and DSD delivery for accuracy, notify HEB/DSD vendor if short
- Review Warehouse and DSD orders through RxIMS; make adjustments as necessary
- Invoices processed on timely basis
- Maintenance and upkeep of facility
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age
- State of Texas certification as Pharmacy Technician
- Acquire 20 hours of continuing education every two years
- 1-2 years previous retail experience preferred; pharmacy experience strongly preferred
- Mathematical skills including calculating measurements
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows, TAO, HEB Intranet)
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong team orientation, willing to pitch in at any moment for any reason.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work rotating shifts to include weekends; must be flexible to the needs of the business
- Welcomes working in a team oriented environment and is open to cross-training
- ACR training
- Technician Certification Training
- REVO 501 & 502 training
- Company Orientation
- REVO Certified
- HIPAA trained
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced retail environment
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds on regular basis
- Must be able to stand (for up to 12 hours), walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, and reach overhead and side to side throughout shift
- Must possess hand/finger dexterity
H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas with approximately $17 billion in revenue and 76,000 Partners. Founded in 1905, H-E-B operates...