Global Financial Institution located in the Chicago Loop is looking for a Senior UNIX Systems Engineer who has heavy experience with Linux and Sun Solaris. Individual will be part of a team that administers the UNIX infrastructure which consists of Linux and Solaris Servers in a 24x7 highly available data center environment. They are moving from Sun Solaris to Linux so any experience converting Sun To Linux is a big plus. Must have experience with administering, supporting, designing, and implementing Linux and Sun. Troubleshooting and tuning skills are also a must. The candidate needs to work independently and have the requisite UNIX troubleshooting skills to solve technical issues on an on-going basis. Ability to create new server builds and troubleshoot server issues is critical.
- 6 + experience with strong Linux and strong Solaris 10 background, and in-depth Veritas skills sets --- Foundation Manager (ver 5.0), VVR (5.0).
- Knowledge and use of Linux (Red Hat 5.0. and SUSE SLES10)
- Veritas Foundation Server experience is a must.
- Hands-on RedHat 5.5 or higher server build using Kictstart server
- Hands-on Soalris10 server build using Jumpstart server
- Solaris10 zones
- Symantec Storage Foundation and Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC database
- IPMP, Link Aggregation, NICBonding
- The candidate is required to have solid experience in the jumpstart/kickstart process.
- Strong day-to-day experience in secondary UNIX skill such as NFS/NIS/DNS expected.
- Proficiency in Perl and Shell Scripting is essential.
- Network troubleshooting skills are plus.
- 5+ years progressive Linux platform experience
- Strong knowledge of Solaris 10 skill set required which consists of zones/containers, dtrace, zfs, server creation and Kernel and TCP/IP tuning.
- Strong knowledge of the Symantec (Veritas) products family is required --- Foundation Suite, VCS, VVR --- minimal levels of 4.1, 5.0 preferred.
- Performance analysing skill sets, capacity management and debugging skills (kdb) required.
JobServe USA - 10 months ago