Performs incoming inspection on manufacturing materials and other products from vendors to ensure conformity to drawing and/or purchase order specifications. Also may perform duties as an auditor for work-in-process and finished goods product and may work in support of an experienced QC Technician
· Performs routine inspection and test of incoming fabricated parts, components and assemblies.
· Verifies that inspected material meets specified VGT standards and/or PO requirements.
· Generates inspection reports including discrepant material reports and weekly & monthly incoming inspection summary reports.
· Ensures that calibration of inspection tools and equipment is maintained.
· Assists with the identification of root causes for discrepant material and with determination of corrective action needed. Collects and organizes data to support vendor corrective action requests.
· Performs occasional in-process audits and finished goods audits.
· Performs other duties and tasks that may be assigned by QC Supervisor and/or Manufacturing Manager.
Qualifications, Education and Work Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent is required.
· Minimum of one year quality inspection experience required
· Must be able to read and understand Engineering drawings, specifications and other technical documentation
· Must have experience and competence using standard inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, radius gages, height gage and other hand held inspection tools.
· Familiar with inspection techniques, sampling plans (AQL) and standard industry workmanship practices.
· Good administrative skills and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
· Knowledge of geometric tolerance required (ANSI Y1.5 preferred). Experience with IPC-610 preferred.
· Math skills needed including working with fractions, decimals and percentages.
· Must be computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear.
The associate must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds short distances without mechanical aid and frequently lift and/or move 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Work area is typically inside a non-smoking, climate controlled environment, but noise levels can range from quiet to loud.
An equal opportunity employer