Picerne Military Housing, a leader in the real estate development, construction and property management industry, is committed to providing America's military families with the quality homes and neighborhoods they deserve. We recognize the commitment military families make to our country and respond by providing comfortable homes in friendly neighborhoods.
We are seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician, as a working leader, who will provide guidance to the neighborhood maintenance team in conducting repair and maintenance operations in cooperation with the Maintenance Supervisor and in accordance with company operating procedures.
Expected start date for this opportunity will be mid spring of 2013.
- Perform emergency, urgent and routine repairs and/or preventive maintenance, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry work
- Performs other duties including turnover maintenance, routine and preventative maintenance, and shop and equipment clean-up
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with all facets of maintenance, including after-hours; be available on-call and for schedule rotations
- Maintain high standard of customer service through timely response and quality home maintenance
- Provide updates as requested, relating to work order quality and performance
- Train others on operational and safety guidelines for tools and equipment
- Complete paperwork for work orders, daily and weekly time sheets, other documentation
- Maintain neighborhood appearance
- High school education or equivalent is required
- Three years of experience in multi-family housing maintenance or similar industry
- Minimum of 6 months in a leadership role, supervising the daily work of others
- Proven competency in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair, carpentry, lock repairs, and general maintenance
- HVAC Certification as Type I & Type II, or Type III technician
- Ability to read English and interpret documents and communicate effectively
- Ability to use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of property management software such as Yardi or MRI; Word and Excel
- Valid driver's license required
- Use of personal vehicle is required
- Use of personal tools
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and manage challenging situations
- Ability to handle any hazardous materials (i.e.-CFLs, ballasts, batteries)