Integrated Defense Systems and Services (IDSS), a business unit of DRS Technologies, Inc. is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.3 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed IDSS staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. IDSS provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies. For additional information on IDSS, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Company Overview
DRS Technical Services, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Title: Telecommunications Support Technician
(R23G096 – Telecommunications Specialist)
The successful candidate will be able to apply their telecommunication skills in a team environment through the design and implementation of telecommunications systems and networks for the Intelligence Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD), Program Management RITE Office. The candidate will be involved in network design, integration, evaluation and testing of terrestrial and space based communications systems and architectures, and assist in the preparation of drawings and technical reports. Participate in technical meetings with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for existing operations and telecommunication systems used by LTM
- Use knowledge of military and commercial off the shelf radios and telecommunications systems, to support CONUS and OCONUS operations
- Support will include pre-deployment surveys and testing, fielding, operations and maintenance and operator level maintenance and operational training
- Troubleshoots systems with the assistance of the engineers, network, system technicians and users to actively analyze and correct issues as they arise
- Assist with design, testing, evaluation and configuration of a broad array of commercial and military communications equipment
- Participates in demonstrations, testing, and training of systems to program and contractor leadership
Basic Qualifications (including education and years of experience required)
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Must possess experience in communications software, hardware or networks
- Technical experience in the design, integration or installation, and operations of telecommunication systems
- Operational knowledge of commercial and military radio systems
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong problem troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must possess at a minimum active secret clearance with eligibility to hold a TS SCI level clearance
Physical Requirements (lifting, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.)
- Experience with cellular systems
- Experience working with current military radios
- Experience with SATCOM systems
- Experience and/or willingness to perform extended duties in overseas hazardous environments
- Proficiency using computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- CompTIA Network + or Security+ certification
- Must be willing and capable of deploying into hazardous regions and capable meeting the current U.S. Government physical and medical standards required for deploying contractors to hazardous areas
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A., is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to...