Provide functional leadership for assigned project role focused on implementing EBS applications and any relative solution design, business process analysis, and system integration. Provide functional Oracle Financials application leadership and guidance to client regarding "best practices" and the functionality of the software modules through all phases of an implementation. Create and maintain effective client relationships. Participate in, and support, profitable business development.
Skills and Abilities
- Define systems’ strategy, develop systems requirements, design and prototype, test, train, define support procedures, and implement practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Collaborate with clients, identify engagement follow-on opportunities, and offer solutions for business problems.
- Business Development: Assist the Practice Manager and Sales team to develop proposals, RFPs, and statements of work congruent with the scale and scope of the sales cycle and eventual engagement. Collaborate with sales to up-sell consulting services within existing engagements. Assist Practice Manager in estimating projects to ensure profitable delivery.
- Project Relationship Building: Build rapport with client project team, client employees and Jibe consultants.
- Project Support: Support project team for successful delivery of the client’s business requirements through all phases of the implementation. Lead weekly project status meetings for assigned team and actively participate in project’s weekly status, and/or, issues meetings.
- Staff Support: Acts as mentor for the professional growth of project team personnel, and will provide guidance and support to strengthen skills of all project team members assigned to the projects they manage.
- Marketing Awareness and Client Relationships: Maintain effective relationships with multiple clients and/or vendors. Publish and/or present to user, industry, vendor, and recruiting (job fairs). Assist in maintaining a professional market image for Jibe.
- Leadership: Encourage teamwork and positive working relationships within the project team for all consultants and client members and throughout Jibe.
- Functional Lead: Work with client to develop business solution designs to ensure that business requirements are met. Assist in documenting and performing application set ups for test instances. Thoroughly review application set up and configuration with the appropriate client lead to obtain sign off. Raise issues and work resolutions as they come up to ensure adherence to the project schedule. Work with the respective client functional lead to ensure knowledge transfer. Participate with the respective client functional lead throughout system testing. Provide guidance to the respective client functional lead in the preparation of training materials and class agendas.
- Familiarity and knowledge of GAAP accounting practices, including: double-entry bookkeeping, segregation of duties, accrual accounting, etc.
- Financial Reporting: General business experience structuring chart of accounts for business and accounting requirements. General financial reporting: P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, intercompany, tax books.
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable / Fixed Assets/Cash Management: General knowledge of or experience with receivables, payables, cash management and fixed assets accounting and operational practices .
- Cost Accounting: General knowledge of or experience with cost accounting and operational practices, particularly for a manufacturing environment.
- Project Accounting: General knowledge of or experience with project accounting and operational practices, including both project costing and billing.
- Tax Accounting: US and International: Tariffs, transfer pricing, etc.
- Oracle EBS : Familiarity with sub-ledger setups that affect GL accounting.
- Oracle EBS General Ledger (GL) experience: Experience with 2 or more implementations of the General Ledger (GL) module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of those modules. Experience with Multi-Org setup (Set of books, legal entities, operating units); chart of account design and setup required.
- Oracle EBS Payables (AP) experience: Experience with at least one implementation of the Payables (AP) module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of this module. Familiarity with PO setups related to Payables (receiving, approval hierarchies, etc).
- Oracle EBS Receivables (AR) experience: Experience with at least one implementation of the Receivables (AR) module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of this module.
- Oracle EBS Fixed Assets: Experience with at least one implementation of the Fixed Assets module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of this module. Familiarity with ADI usage for Fixed asset data loads and FA reporting extracts.
- Other EBS Applications: Familiarity and exposure to iExpense, eBusiness Tax, and Cash Management is a plus
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Resolves problems in a timely and effective manner, involving project management as appropriate.
- Successfully manages relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Experience in project leadership for significant portions of an ERP project.
- Effectively produces deliverables.
- Coaches and develops others on project team.
- Contributes to presales efforts as required.
- Ability to identify, assess and mitigate relevant risks during bid development and project execution.
- Participate in the development of Jibe Intellectual Capital by contributing to EBS libraries, submitting papers to various Oracle publications, updating user documentation, and by delivering training, either internally or externally.
- Successful experience as an Oracle Financials, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning, Distribution, HCM or CRM Applications Functional Lead on at least 3 full cycle implementations.
Environment and Physical Demands
- BA/BS degree from accredited college or university in computer Science, Engineering, a directly related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 -7 years experience as field consultant implementing EBS applications with progressively increasing leadership responsibilities.
- 2 years of related technical, business or project experience.
- 1 full lifecycle Oracle Release 12 financials applications (GL, AP, PO, AR, FA, CE, eBusiness Tax, Payments, iExpense, iProcurement).
- Proficient or lead on more than 1 application module.
- Able to transport portable computer: approximately 20 pounds.
- Work at various client sites which will require travel.
- Travel regionally on a routine basis and nationally / internationally as needed.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
Jibe Consulting, Inc. - 15 months ago