About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Santa Clara, CA
About the Role:
We are looking for a Technical expert to define the next generation of McAfee platform and Automation. The ideal candidate will be results driven, able to move and execute quickly, deal with rapidly evolving environments, and work well with application development and QA teams. A strong technical background is required to help organize and develop system automation procedures, reporting, and planning. Negotiate with engineering and operations teams to ensure that we are implementing the right technology for the situation.
- Guide a team of Linux System Administrators
- Champion Linux, Puppet and related technologies
- Define standards and provide technical guidance
- Further develop System Automation to increase scalability and stability
- Ensure system compliance with regulations such as PCI and SOX
- Develops reporting metrics for operations status
- Coordinate with other teams to stand up new projects as well as maintain current projects
- Manage escalation procedures
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Coordinate with a globally distributed team
- Prepare for and manage ISO certification
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Expert in Linux Administration
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, BladeLogic, and/or Chef
- Strong focus on automation
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience in environments with large numbers of systems
- Familiar with VMWare technologies
- Familiar with SAN technologies such as EMC/NetApp
- Security focused
- Splunk and reporting
- Jira/Confluence or Remedy reporting
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: IT Operations
Primary Location: NA-USA-CA-Santa Clara
Position Number: 867337
McAfee - 23 months ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...