Boston College Introduction :|
Boston College is a leading national Jesuit, Catholic university, enrolling 9,000 undergraduates and 4,900 graduate and professional students. Located six miles from downtown Boston, the University has 760 full-time faculty, 2,500 employees, an operating budget of $845 million, and an endowment of $1.9 billion.
Job Description :
This is a senior technical position responsible for the analysis, design, development, integration, and on-going support for enterprise-level infrastructure applications centered around identity access management (IAM) and master data management (MDM). This position reports to the Manager of Middleware Systems.
The Senior Applications System Developer will work with others in ITS to design, build, and support the various components of the IAM and MDM systems as well as help to integrate these systems with other applications (both internal and external). The person in this role will have experience in the development of robust web-based applications using open standards and technologies that enable the quick and easy integration and deployment of web-based services. Ideally, he/she will also have experience administrating enterprise IAM/MDM systems as they will be responsible for monitoring daily system operations, managing/planning system upgrades, and promoting development strategies for new services.
The Senior Applications System Developer will support a variety of mission critical enterprise applications in a 24x7 environment and will act as a lead technical resource on multiple projects. This support includes troubleshooting problems across complex applications and systems. It requires the ability to prioritize, plan, and manage changes to existing systems and the implementation of new services.
The Senior Applications System Developer should be flexible enough to accommodate the changing needs of the Middleware group. He/she also needs to establish and maintain constructive and effective relationships with other team members while always maintaining a focus on customer services. Ideally this person will have the necessary management and project management skills to lead a team of developers on various projects.
o Spring and Struts frameworks
- At least six years of experience developing and supporting web based applications.
- Strong J2EE skills.
- Strong understanding of Java web development best practices techniques, troubleshooting, reverses engineering, monitoring and tuning J2EE code.
- Experience installing and managing the various components of an identity access management system including: LDAP/OID/AD directories, Access Control, SSO, federated identity management a plus.
- Experience integrating applications with an Enterprise Single Sign On solution a plus.
- Experience installing and managing a master data management systems a plus.
- Strong Red Hat Linux skills.
- Experience designing and supporting highly-available and scalable enterprise systems using clustering, failover, load balancing, backup and recovery technologies.
- Understanding and progressive experience working with Middleware services including messaging and ESB technologies.
- Strong Knowledge of JNDI, LDAP using Java
- Understanding and experience with distributed cache solutions a plus.
- Understanding of JVM monitoring and tuning.
- Experience with build tools and version control systems (Ant, Maven are plus)
- Experience with following technologies a plus:
o Object Mapping Tools (Hibernate, ibatis)
o SOA methodologies
o Web services technologies including WSRP, REST, XML
o Relational database technologies (Oracle Preferred)
o XML, XSLT
o JMS, JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL
o Testing tools experience including JUnit, Selenium, Jmeter
o Unix and Linux operating systems
o Messaging technologies (IBM MQ preferred)
Closing Statement :
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in computer science or higher.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to be considered as an official applicant, please note that it is necessary to apply directly online at our site:www.bc.edu/bcjobs
Apply Here Now
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard