esponsibilities are to clean and prepare guest rooms that meet hotel standards.
This includes meeting the standard number of rooms in an 8-hour shift plus potential side work or special projects.
This position reports directly to the Floor Supervisor.
A Room Attendant must also be able to work closely with team members and peers.
This position requires a
detail oriented, organized and flexible individual who can complete all general cleaning duties.
Must be able to multi-task and be flexible and adaptable to differing situations.
Good inter-personal and communication skills.
Personality characteristics should include being personable, respectful, positive, ethical, trustworthy, professional, self-motivated, diplomatic, and confident.
- Ensure cart is properly stocked
- Clean all special requests first
- Ensure all guest rooms are properly cleaned and in line with hotel standards
- Strip all rooms of dirty linens
- Report all lost and found items to Floor Supervisor
- Report all maintenance repairs to Floor Supervisor
- Clean the standard amount of rooms per an 8 hour shift
- Know all hotel policies and procedures
- Protect guest room security by not allowing anyone (except for authorized Housekeeping staff) into a guest room
- Report any safety or security issues immediately
- Flexible schedule
- Know and understand OSHA laws
- Understand the hazard communication program
- Protect your guest keys.
Never leave them unattended
- Responsible for additional project or detail work as prescribed
- Responsible for additional guest rooms above and beyond the standard if occupancy warrants
- Must be cleared by supervisor before leaving
- Ensure cart is cleaned and properly stored each day
- Ensure uniform and nametag are worn properly each day
- Assist management as needed
- Attend InvernesSpeaks each week
- Help train and develop other team members
- Cultivate an atmosphere of continuous learning
- Foster and grow working relationships with other departments
- Assist other housekeeping team members
- Maintain and improve the quality of the guest rooms and public areas
- Communicate effectively in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Maintain stability and operate effectively in emotional and stressful situations
- Must be able to stand/travel unaided for long periods of time
- Must be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Must be able to work cohesively with co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and nights
- Prior cleaning experience preferred
- Team player
- English comprehension preferred
- Time management skills
- Solid judgment
- Operate effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- High school or GED preferred
Destination Hotels & Resorts - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard