GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position will support the growth and promotion of >150 healthcare related websites and be responsible for developing and maintaining SEO strategies to increase traffic and customer interaction on the Web. Candidate will understand and demonstrate current approaches to search engine optimization and internet marketing, keyword research and techniques to measure the results of SEO activities. This position will report to the Director of Web Communications.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The SEO and Web Analytics Strategist will help define and be responsible for the implementation of search engine optimization (SEO) recommendations such as:
- Keyword research and specifications throughout website pages
- Site audits for SEO best practice compliance
- Information architecture (IA) and site design recommendations supporting SEO
- Navigation and conversion analysis
- Link analysis and building
- Identifying opportunities to improve organizational and process that support SEO
- Develop and monitor the results of a SEO activity/campaign
- Day-to-day management of natural search engine marketing campaigns
- Research and strategic planning for paid and natural search campaigns
- Staying abreast of (and sharing) changes in search engine signals and market share
- Develop analyses and KPI's to evaluate key business issues and drivers, build business cases and frame recommendations actionable insights
- Analyze competitor and customer insight and trends to translate results into clear, actionable initiatives
- Work with consumer and web marketing teams, devise, conduct a/b and other test plans, analyze results and suggest opportunities for improvement
- Conduct analysis of campaign effectiveness and related creative to campaign
- Report on customer feedback and develop actionable insight for testing
- Perform testing and analysis of eNewsletter creative
- Conduct website traffic analytics, including analyzing web data to determine correlative analysis between web behavior and campaign performance
- The ability to use, create, and implement Adobe/Omniture Site Catalyst and Google web analytics reporting tools and other SEO tools will be required
- Produce weekly and monthly analyses of site performance
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in marketing analysis and tools/techniques
The SEO strategist will oversee the integration of SEO and SEM strategies and recommendations into other active marketing channels such as Email Marketing and Social Media. This position will also be responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements related to SEO and Internet Marketing projects.
- Interviewing clients and identifying and validating business needs and requirements.
- Elicit and understand client goals and business requirements, and translate them into a coherent Internet marketing strategy;
- Documenting current business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts; and proposing To-Be/Future business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts.
- Producing detailed requirements documents, including use cases and requirements traceability matrices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Have a thorough knowledge of search ranking factors and critical updates
- Knowledge of Local business listing services like Google + Local pages, Yahoo, and Bing listings.
- Ability to compile and analyze search data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction and identify growth opportunities.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to work in fast paced environment where flexibility is key and directions can change frequently.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SEO/SEM and Web Analytics.