Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels. We operate 400 retail stores, sell through over 2,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's.
Within our Stores channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors and home owners and have built strong customer loyalty based on exceptional product and excellent customer service. If you are interested in finding out more about careers with PPG Architectural Coatings, please visit us at www.ppg.com/accareers .
Are you an energetic retail salesperson with a gift for offering exceptional customer service? This Part-Time Inside Sales position entails developing relationships with a variety of customers and being part of fast-paced, dynamic sales team. If you're interested in long-term, part-time employment, then this may be the job for you!
- Provide exceptional customer service to regular paint contractors and new customers by offering timely and friendly service.
- Process cash and credit transactions through Point of Sale (POS) terminal.
- Tint paint, match paint and stain colors and make product recommendations to customers. This requires lifting, moving and stocking one and five gallon paint buckets.
- Promote sundry item sales to compliment paint products.
- May occasionally be called on to deliver product to a customer.
- Maintain an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base.
- Maintain a neat and orderly store, keeping interior and exterior functional, safe and attractive.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain safe and ethical working environment.
Part-time employees enjoy a competitive salary, 401k and life insurance.
- Candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- One to two years of inside sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required, some college credit preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of store operations.
- Ability to attend to detail while engaging in work of a repetitive nature.
- Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries.
- Ability to work varied shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds infrequently and 40 to 60 pounds routiely.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, carrying and reaching.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...