I. JOB FUNCTION
Assist the Director of Human Resources in providing
leadership and direction for all human resources
matters. Support the Director of Human Resources with
respect to multiple people services functions including
compliance, performance management, benefits
administration, compensation, payroll, human resources
training and people services project management. Assist
in facilitating the implementation of people
services-related company initiatives. Provide support to
other People Services team members, as needed.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be
documented separately. The employee might not be
required to perform all functions listed. Additional
duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
1. Supports People Services Department (“PSD”)
initiatives and best-demonstrated practices in
conjunction with line management; collaborates with the
Director of Human Resources to identify, develop and
implement effective PSD practices.
2. Assists the Director of Human Resources in providing
strategic PSD insight into operational issues and goals.
3. Assists the Director of Human Resources in developing
the competencies of and improving the performance of
employees within the company.
4. Ensures that all company sites adhere to and comply
with applicable company PSD policies and EEO and/or
Affirmative Action requirements.
5. Assists the Director of Human Resources in preparing
position statements and managing on-site reviews. May
conduct site-specific PSD audits.
6. Assists the Director of Human Resources in providing
interpretations of company policies and procedures in
relation to all PSD disciplines.
7. Assists in facilitating the administration of
compensation, incentive and benefit programs (including
COBRA administration), and in handling performance
management issues and other employee relations matters.
8. Assists Director of Human Resources in providing
initial investigation of and response to
employment-related claims and charges. Coordinates
responses and actions with the Director of Human
9. Assists in processing background screens, EVerify,
and drug tests.
10. Provides support to managers regarding all PSD
matters. Processes PSD action items for the company.
11. At the direction of the Director of Human Resources
assists in conducting training programs on specific
human resources topics including, harassment,
discrimination, retaliation, bullying, employee
accommodations (i.e., ADA, FMLA, religious), fair
hiring, selection and promotion, workplace violence,
documenting workplace events, diversity, and company
policies and procedures.
12. May assist management in employee relations matters
and financial review of labor, incentive and benefit
costs, as assigned.
13. Assists managers with the PSD applicant tracking
system, data management, payroll, and time capture
system and recommends enhancements thereto as required
by company strategy and growth.
14. Prepares compensation, payroll, time and labor, and
benefits, and other People Services-related reports as
required and directed by the Director of Human
15. Assists with department general administrative and
clerical functions (e.g., filing and record keeping).
III. MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (includes
preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Additional qualifications may be specified and receive
responsible, related exempt level experience involving
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of progressively
various human resources disciplines, and including
multi-site/multi-state responsibility, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience sufficient to
perform the essential functions of the job, as
determined by the company. Professional certification by
the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) desirable (e.g.,
PHR). Additional relevant experience can be substituted
for the required education on the basis of one calendar
year of experience for one academic year of education.
resources practices and legal/regulatory framework in a
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of effective human
customer service industry environment.
payroll and benefits administration.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of compensation,
- Knowledge of FSA administration.
- Ability to process unemployment and workers’
leave of absence administration (e.g., workers’
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of FMLA and other
compensation, military, bereavement, jury duty, etc.).
employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local
Knowledge of California regulations is a plus.
policies and procedures in a multi-site/multi-state
- Skilled in implementing and monitoring human resources
adaptation to various audiences such as first-line
- Presentation and group facilitation skills, including
employees, management and customers.
develop recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to analyze personnel and financial data and
benefits support orders.
- Demonstrated understanding of garnishments and
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative
across diverse cultures.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and
- Ability to be an effective member of and lead project
Suite, especially Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use other standard office productivity
products is a plus: ADP Workforce Now (e.g., HRB, PayEx,
- Demonstrated use of the following (or similar)
ezLM), InfoMart background screening services, HRsmart
applicant tracking services, ADP COBRA Services (e.g.,
Benedirect), TALX The Work Number, TALX unemployment
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments
- Skill in clear and concise oral and written
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS (physical/mental demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all
essential functions. In addition to other demands, the
demands of the job include:
executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities,
under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks
- Computer usage including possible data entry for
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and
stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent sitting.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms,
occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights,
V. POSITIONS SUPERVISED
- Traveling to company locations, as required.
VI. EQUIPMENT USED
- Personal Computer
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...