The Associate Analyst in Domestic Transportation will gather and analyze shipment data for improving key performance measurements, including on time delivery and fill rate compliance to all Bissell customers. This position will work to improve our outbound shipping efficiency and utilization to develop and implement tracking and tracing programs with Bissell's core carrier base. In this role the associate will be responsible for achieving Transportation objectives for outbound and inbound domestic freight costs. The Associate Analyst will assist Transportation Coordinators when needed to effectively plan shipments. The Associate Analyst will also act as a liaison for the Transportation Department to internal customers including Distribution, Sales, Accounting, Customer Service and Forecasting.
1. Analyze all transportation lanes (inbound and outbound) and make recommendations to reduce costs and improve customer metrics.
2. Analyze carrier lanes looking for SCM improvement opportunities.
3. Assist Transportation Coordinators where appropriate to plan and coordinate all shipments.
4. Analyze customer requirements to assure Transportation compliance. Communicate requirements to Transportation group to maintain compliance and avoid charges.
5. Develop customer specific transportation models inclusive of distribution & transportation costs.
6. Evaluate & execute transportation deployment software to recommend alternative SCM strategies.
7. Evaluate the scheduling of customer collect process to assure good cost control and timely shipments.
8. Facilitate communication with cross-functional areas (Customer Service, Sales, Accounting, and Distribution).
9. Maintain Key Performance Indicators as designated by Transportation Manager and Team Managers.
10. Work with outside freight bill auditor to ensure correct and timely payment of freight bill invoices.
11. Analyze freight claims and report on collection progress.
12. May be required to perform other duties as assigned
BISSELL - 17 months ago
BISSELL's in the business of seeing spots and taking care of dust bunnies. A pioneer in the carpet-cleaning industry, BISSELL...