Medical Device Sales Representative
Responsible for promoting medical device and supply products as a professional sales representative to all assigned existing and prospective accounts. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with doctors, hospitals, manufacturer, and care facilities. Researches and studies information on new equipment and products to gain technical knowledge of medical application. Conducts sales calls to seek orders of current products and demonstrate new equipment. Ensures that customers are well satisfied with products and services. Makes recommendations to management regarding pricing and sales projections. Enters customer data into computer database. Assists area personnel as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of area sales functions.
- Studies data and information on new equipment to develop sales approach and demonstration techniques.
- Makes sales presentations of medical equipment or supplies to prospective customers. Demonstrates product features.
- Listens to customer needs and suggests appropriate equipment or products.
- Prospects for new accounts and seeks opportunities to increase existing ones. Conducts regular sales calls in person to develop customer relationships and follow up on leads.
- Negotiates price and credit terms and finalizes sales contracts.
- Meets established quotas and sales goals.
- Ensures that sales accounts are serviced in accordance with Company standards and policies.
- Estimates delivery dates and ensures products are delivered on time. Monitors inventory levels to avoid product shortages.
- Forecasts long range account sales, inventory levels, and product needs, and communicates related information regularly to management.
- Enters customer sales information into computer database.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good business relations with customers and external trade contacts.
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with Company products and services.
- Obtains customer feedback and continually works to improve products and services.
- Resolves customer requests, complaints, and delivery problems.
- Promotes goodwill and conveys a positive image of the Company.
- Promotes products and services at trade shows.
3. Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective working relations, communication, and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
- Sets sales goals in accordance with Company objectives. Tracks progress toward goals.
- Provides assistance to area personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities, changes in competitive conditions, and significant problems.
- Completes required sales reports, expense and regulatory records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings and sales training as required.
1. Grow sales and market share by meeting annualized sales quotas.
2. Provide comprehensive service to customers and vendors.
3. Mastery of anatomy, pathology, procedures, products and application as evivdenced by 90% pass rate on all vendor tests or internal assessmens.
4. Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner, and in accordance with manufacturer and customer code of conduct.
5. Comply with all Osteo Solutions business processes and policies.
Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Valid driver’s license.
Good knowledge of all medical equipment products.
Understanding of competitive conditions.
Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and principles.
Previous sales experience helpful, selling medical equipment is a plus, but not necessary.
Strong interpersonal, public relations, and oral presentation skills.
Excellent sales abilities.
Problem solving abilities.
Able to use computer tracking system.
High degree of personal motivation to achieve goals.
Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Tornier - 18 months ago